In September 2007 Petra Schäfer was appointed Chair for Transport Planning at the Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences, where she leads the New Mobility Working Group in Faculty 1 (Architecture, Civil Engineering, Geomatics). Her work has since revolved around mobility behaviors and public acceptance of new technologies in transport. It brings together experts in transport planning, transport technologies, and urban planning.
On the pilot scheme, “Electromobility in the Rhine-Main Metropolitan Region,” Petra Schäfer directs a complementary program of socio-scientific research, namely acceptance surveys and mobility analyses on behalf of various projects.
In addition, she is vice-director of the Zentrum für Logistik, Mobilität und Nachhaltigkeit (ZLMN; Center for Logistics, Mobility, and Sustainability) at the Frankfurt UAS.
Past Projects (since 2013)
- Sustainable Mobility Management at the Frankfurt UAS: ivm GmbH; Goethe University Frankfurt; AStA (Students’ Union) Frankfurt UAS; funded by the State of Hessen; (2016–2018)
- Evaluation of the influence of parking apps on municipal transport planning; funded by Volkswagen Financial Services AG, Braunschweig; (2017)
- Electromobility on the German Fairy Tale Route, Regionalmanagement Nordhessen GmbH: Plug’n CHARGE GmbH; Deutsche Märchenstraße e.V.; funded by the State of Hessen; (2016–2018)
- Move Oberursel: Mobility Behavior in Oberursel, TU Darmstadt, Ökolife-Energie GmbH (Rödermark), Town Council of Oberursel; funded by the Hessen State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Arts (HMWK; 2016)
- Commercial Transport 2.0: Fb3 FRA–UAS, City of Frankfurt, KEP-DL; funded by the State of Hessen; (2016)
- Optimize Mobility—Intensify Sustainability (MoNi): Fraport AG, Goethe University Frankfurt; funded by the State of Hessen; (2015)
- Joy in Mobility: Innovations Manufaktur, Munich, Vienna University of Economics and Business; funded by the State of Hessen; (2014)
- Optimization of Commercial Transport in Frankfurt’s Inner City: Fb3 FRA–UAS, Chamber of Commerce (IHK) Frankfurt; funded by the State of Hessen; (2014–15)
- DieMo RheinMain: HOLM GmbH, ivm GmbH, Fraunhofer LBF; funded by Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF; 2014–17)
- Well2Wheel: HSE AG, Fraunhofer LBF, NTB Technoservice, Continental Automotive and EUS; funded by Federal Ministry for the Environment; (BMU; 2013–16)
- Parallel program of sociological research into various state projects: various companies; funded by Hessen State Ministry for Higher Education, Research and the Arts (HMWK; 2013–15)
- E-FACTS—Electric Vehicles for Alternative City Transport Systems: Wirtschaftsförderung Frankfurt GmbH, the Cities of Stockholm and Arnheim; funded by Federal Ministry for Economic affairs and Energy (BMWi; 2013–15)
Tasks within project–mo.de
Prof. Dr. Petra Schäfer is head of the TRANSPORT Research Subcluster as well as vice-spokesperson for the IDS Loewe Research Cluster management board.
Research Group New Mobility
Faculty 1: Architecture – Civil Engineering – Geomatics
Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences